Thursday, December 17, 2009

New Music for Procrastinating During Finals




Aight, I'm not doing the work I should be right now and I'm sure many of you are as well. Those of you who are on break will enjoy this as well. I found this mixtape by a band of college freshmen from philly that totally blew my mind. The group is a jazz - electronica - afro-pop influenced hip hop act consisting of a lead vocalist, key boardist, guitarist, and drummer. Their first official mixtape "Swelly Express" is cosigned by OnSmash and CrooksandCastles and features some incredible interpolations of songs by MGMT, Sufjan Stevens, and Passion Pit as well as a feature from Black Thought. Yes, this is what the Blueprint 3 laid the foundationg for, these guys are building the future of hip-hop.

- Stax



No comments: