Thursday, April 29, 2010

CB&M Presents The Journey of B.o.B


The music industry has changed forever because of the internet. With the conversion of mixtapes from street to blog based distribution, a wider audience than ever has access to the work of emerging hip-hop artists like Bobby Ray Simmons. Over the last three years I've watched the ATL native grow from an enthusiastic upstart with boundless talent into a more mature musician, lyricist, and social commentator. His official debute album (even if its a debute in name only) boasts a list of features as diverse and well respected as one would expect from a well established industry titan like Hova. However unlike some of the weaker songs on Blueprint 3 or any song on Rebirth, these genre crossing collaborations all resulted in coherent, organic, and innovative songs. This mixtape is my attempt to place this album in the larger context of Bobby Ray Simmons growth from B.o.B to Bobby Ray and back. Track list and zshare link below.

-Stax




1. Airplanes part 2 (feat. Eminem and Hayley Williams)
2. Autotune
3. Magic (feat. Rivers Cuomo)
4. Bet I Bust (feat. T.I. and Playboy Tre)
5. Can I Fly
6. Change Gonna Come (feat. Asher Roth and Charles Hamilton)
7. Could 9
8. Don't Let Me Fall
9. Fame
10. Generation Lost
11. Haterz Everywhere (feat. Rick Ross, Big Kuntry and Juvie)
12. I Am the Man (feat. OJ Da Juiceman and Bun B)
13. I Sing My Song
14. I'll Be In the Sky
15. I'm Dat N!**@ (feat. T.I.)
16. Left Field Lovely
17. Letters From Vietnam
18. Little Rascals
19. Lonely People
20. Middle of the Day
21. Not Love
22. Nothing on You (remix feat. Big Boi)
23. On Top of the World (feat. T.I. and Ludacris)
24. One (feat. Big Kuntry and Mac Boney)
25. One Day
26. Past My Shades (feat. Lupe Fiasco)
27. Put Me On
28. Sing My Song
29. The Biz
30. The Kids (Feat. Janelle Monae)
31. Use Ur Love





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. please follow my blog at jenniferscavone.blogspot.com. i write about the entertainment industry. it's pretty interesting! =)